Monday, July 30, 2007

Jellyfish stings

At some point I'll write more about the NYC marathon. But right now it just seems so far away. November 4th is the date, but I have to be done with the fund raising by the end of September. Running distance is up to 9.5 miles. A long way to go on both fronts. We'll get there.

On Monday's I usually go swim in the bay. It's nice because its a scheduled weekly event(Monday and Wednesday at 5:30PM, May to Oct) and quite a few people show up. Various abilities. I'm hoping to build confidence in the open water. Seems to be working too. Today I was stung by a jellyfish. I saw it but it was too late to do anything about it. I felt the sting and just kept on swimming. I never saw one before that one or another one the whole time we were out there. Funny how things happen that way. It's so cool to be able to go out there and swim in the bay. If you had told me 10 or 15 years ago I'd be out there doing this, I would have declared you certifiably crazy. Maybe being out there represents *possibilities* to me. A world of possibilities. Possibilities that are always there and available if we're just open to seeing and taking advantage of them.

"A charmed life is an exuberant life. You get one by
loosening up, lightening up, and inviting in stimulating events
and people." Victoria Moran, Creating a Charmed Life

swam about 1200 meters today
rode 43 miles yesterday on the W&OD trail. I made it out to Hamilton, Va. Started in Herndon.
ran 9.5 miles saturday

No comments: