Monday, August 27, 2007

10 mile monday

Ran 10 miles this morning since I went and watched the practice tri yesterday(Sunday) I rode the Patriot Half Ironman bike course on Saturday. Usually I like to run long on Saturday but there were some folks who were gonna ride the course so I joined them. My GPS lost the satellites at 8.3 miles on the run today. Not really sure why. Maybe I was under some trees and too close to a stone wall, in sort of a sheltered area. It's hard to reacquire sats while moving, and I didn't want to stop, so I'm guestimating the last couple of miles. The Rock and Roll Half marathon is next Sunday. This will be my 7th. I'm probably as ready I'll ever be. My Half marathon PR is 1:41 but my best in this race is 1:51... the discrepancy is due to heat at the RnR every year.

This is a great short story. Another something I should have read in high school.

No comments: